<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8511034244327299803?origin\x3dhttps://snowflakesoftears.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
learning journey.
Profile



PEARL(:

FASS Year 1


melodies


Blogging Group !


A04 !


long gone


credits

please do not remove credits, thankyousomuchie
orangeeeeyy Missyan

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

CRITICAL REFLECTION

Like what I have mentioned before in my previous post, I was not too pleased about needing to take this module as I thought it was an extra “burden” in addition to the already hectic university schedule. However, my opinion about the module did change, as I had expected it to, in just a few lessons. I managed to learn the correct way of using the English Language and even presentation skills which I think are really important for future usages.

To be honest, I faced difficulties with the technical side of the language like “present perfect”, “subject”, “verb tense” as I could not remember all the different types and the usage of these skills just comes to me. However, I do acknowledge the importance of it and am still trying my best to grasp them well as I believe that I should not just follow my “gut feelings” all the time, especially when I am a media student and am required to communicate with others to the best of my abilities.

Academic issues aside, I have some thoughts about the module itself too. Even though many students (including me) complained about this module being a non-credit bearing one, I actually realized a plus point about it that I was able to benefit from throughout these 13 weeks. Since this is a non-credit bearing module, I was able to write what I felt freely. I would check my work for the fear of making mistakes, but yet did not feel pressured about needing to get an “A” for it. I think this is one of the best feelings I have had towards this module and I really enjoyed feeling this way as I think that this is how a learning process should feel like – learning because I want to and not because I have to.


Lastly, I have spent enjoyable times throughout this module thanks to my tutor and course mates. The amusing conversations that my tutor had with some of my course mates were little forms of entertainment which helped to compensate for the dry contents. I feel thankful to be in this class and to have met so many nice and awesome people.

365 words


blogged @ 11:54 PM


1 Comment