<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8511034244327299803?origin\x3dhttps://snowflakesoftears.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
learning journey.
Profile



PEARL(:

FASS Year 1


melodies


Blogging Group !


A04 !


long gone


credits

please do not remove credits, thankyousomuchie
orangeeeeyy Missyan

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

BLOG ASSIGNMENT 2



The event would be the before and after of travelling to Bangkok, Thailand with three close friends of mine. I did majority of the trip’s planning because the guys were being lazy while the girl was busy with her polytechnic studies.  I felt so vexed since there was a lot of research to be done in order for us to save money yet enjoy ourselves fully. Cheapest to and fro plane tickets with the best timings together with dates that we were all available, cheapest decent hotel, places to go or avoid (Thankfully, my female friend helped out with this). and available discounts - this planning task wasn't an easy feat for me since I haven't done it before.


However, after everything was finalized, I realized that it wasn’t all bad. Sure I was frustrated (for various reasons) and it took up a lot of my time but there were actually many takeaways. I had learnt how to plan for my own trips. I am now more appreciative of my father’s effort after experiencing how time-consuming and irritating it is to plan for a trip single-handedly. After the trip, I had also learnt to be more careful overseas, be more wary of certain people (We got cheated of some money at the airport) and be more independent since my parents weren’t there with me.

Overall, I think it was a valuable experience and I hope that it wouldn’t be as taxing the next time I plan for a trip.

(249 words including those in brackets)
_________________________________________________________

Optional reading: We got cheated because a lady approached us and told us that she could help to get a cab for us to go to our hotel. My female friend and I had our doubts but the guys followed anyway and I was afraid that we might get into trouble if we just backed out (I think my female friend thought the same then) so we ended up getting into the cab which we paid 1000baht for ($40, so it’s $10 each) when the actual fee should only be around 200~300baht ($8-$9, $2 each). The only comfort was that the cab was slightly more spacious and “atas” than the usual ones. Anyway looking back, I’m just glad we arrived at the correct hotel safely that time hahaha, and $10 is a considerably cheap price to pay for a lesson. 


blogged @ 4:13 AM


5 Comment