<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8511034244327299803?origin\x3dhttps://snowflakesoftears.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
learning journey.
Profile



PEARL(:

FASS Year 1


melodies


Blogging Group !


A04 !


long gone


credits

please do not remove credits, thankyousomuchie
orangeeeeyy Missyan

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

My English learning journey had been quite smooth with occasional small bumps along the way but I was shocked greatly when I got back my A levels General Paper result. I couldn’t believe and accept the fact that I had gotten a D for a paper that I had rather high hopes for. I was extremely disappointed and --ashamed to say-- cried because of it. The QET result provided a second wave of disappointment and confirmed the quality of my writing skills. It wasn’t that I was confident in my standard of English or that it was brilliant, but I couldn't help but to hug onto the slim hope that I wouldn't have to take any English writing modules.


However, since I can’t avoid the inevitable, I decided to reflect and look on the brighter side instead of wasting time moping around. Since I am assigned to this module, it means that my writing skills are still lacking and there is still a lot to learn. ES1102 will aid me in improving my writing skills and that will benefit me greatly in the future. It was a blessing in disguise after all! I decided that I will put more effort into this module so that the times spent learning would be worthwhile, and I’m sure that my friendly tutor and classmates will make this learning experience really enjoyable and fulfilling.

(232 words)


blogged @ 10:35 PM


7 Comment